Q: Where is The Castle located?
A: We are located in Bloomington, Illinois in the heart of the downtown Cultural District at 209 East Washington Street. The telephone is 309-820-0352.
Q: How can I purchase tickets for The Castle?
A: Advance tickets can be purchased three ways:
- Online, here on the website.
- At our digital ticketing partners: Waiting Room Records (113 West North Street in Normal, IL) or Reckless Saint (320 N Main Street in Bloomington, IL).
- At the Castle Box Office. Our in-person box office accepts Cash, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Our box office is the ONLY in-person retail outlet you can purchase a paper ticket. Our box office hours on non-show days are Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm.
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges unless a show is cancelled.
Q: What type of payment does the Castle Theatre accept?
A: The box office accepts Cash, VISA, Master Card, American Express and Discover. The bars accept Cash, VISA, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
Q: How old do you have to be to attend shows at The Castle?
A: Unless otherwise posted our shows are 18 unless attending with a parent or legal guardian. Occasionally, some shows are all ages or 21 .
Q: My child wants to attend an all-ages show at The Castle, but I feel nervous?
A: We’ve put a lot of care and thought into our all-ages shows. But the decision to let your son or daughter come to a show here is obviously up to you as a parent. We suggest attending a show with your child so you can get a first-hand experience of how we run the theatre and treat our patrons. We’re confident that once you’ve been here you’ll feel comfortable about allowing your child to come to the Castle.
Q: Do I need ID to enter the Theatre?
A: An ID is always required if you plan on drinking alcohol. Because we are sometimes an all-ages venue and we serve alcohol we take checking ID’s very seriously. In compliance with Illinois laws anyone 21 and older who plans on drinking alcohol will have to show a valid, non-expired, government issued photo ID, no matter how old you think you may look. Anyone without proper ID, regardless of age, will be treated as under 21 and not allowed to buy, hold or drink alcohol. This policy is strictly enforced and any violation will result in immediate ejection from the Theatre.
Q: Does the The Castle have seats?
A: Unless a show is advertised as seated or limited-seated, our shows are General Admission and standing-room only. A small number of bar stools are available on a first-come, first-serve basis in the balcony. Patrons with special needs should call 309-820-0352 in advance to make arrangements.
Q: What time does the band go on?
A: We publicize both our door times and show times on the website. Set times vary and typically are not announced. Generally opening acts will begin 1 hour after doors open. Please keep in mind that set times, as well as opening acts, are always subject to change without notice.
Q: What time should I get there to get a good place to see the show?
A: We like to think that there are no bad sight lines in the club, but if you’re one of those folks who needs to be right up front or along the balcony railing we suggest you be in line before doors open. Keep in mind that no matter how early you line up there may already be people ahead of you in line and you are not guaranteed any particular spots inside.
Q: Does the club offer drinks?
A: We have 3 full bars located within the Theatre offering a terrific selection of draft beers and wine along with your favorite spirits and non-alcoholic beverages.
Q: Do you have a dress code?
A: We only insist that you be dressed and wearing shoes. Sensible footwear is strongly advised.
Q: What are The Castle’s customer safety and security procedures / things I can and cannot bring into the venue?
A: Our safety precautions/ security procedures are as follows
- Prior to entering the venue, guests will be searched (patted down or wand) to ensure the safety of all patrons. You may be asked to empty your pockets of all items so that they can be examined.
- All alcohol and narcotic laws will be strictly enforced.
- All bags will be subject to search, and no large bags or backpacks will be allowed. Option to check your bag with management may be offered
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone. If you see something that concerns you, please say something to our management or Security so we can ensure the best experience possible.
A: Our safety precautions/ security procedures are as follows
- No firearms or weapons of any kind are allowed into the venue.
- No guns, knives (including pocket knifes), pepper spray, or any other item that could be used to inflict harm.
- Replicas of weapons also are NOT permitted.
- No drugs or drug paraphernalia, illegal substances of any kind.
- No outside food or drinks
- No video cameras, GoPros, selfie sticks.
- Professional recording equipment – photo, video or audio (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial use rigs). Unless cleared by artist or venue management prior to the event.
- The use or possession of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue. Do not bring any illegal substances to the event as violators will be subject to law enforcement. If you are found to be inebriated at the door, security may refuse your entry the venue. Event staff reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone.
A: You are welcome to bring these items along
- Small Bags & Purses (maximum 10″x10″)
- Non-Professional Flash/Still Cameras
- Cell Phones
If there is any question whether or not an item is acceptable to bring into an event please ask security or management and we will do our best to help and ensure a great experience.
Q: Can I smoke in the club?
A: No. Illinois has an indoor smoking ban. We have a designated area for smokers outside, in front of the building. Most nights we allow reentry to smokers ONLY and should you want to smoke we will let you in and out.
Q: What about parking?
A: All Parking is FREE. There is a lot directly across from the Theatre Street, generously provided by PNC Bank. On busy nights the lot fills up quick, come early. Please note that the parking lot is not open to the public until 5:30 pm. Additional parking can be found at the Bloomington Law and Justice Garage just 1 block south of the Theatre. Additional lots can be found 1 block North and 1 block East of our front door.
Q: Does The Castle have an e-mail list? How can I be included?
A: Yes. We send out frequent e-mail updates that include information on just announced shows, yet-to-be-advertised shows and exclusive pre-sales. You can sign-up for the email list directly from the homepage.
Q: When do you announce new shows?
A: Most new shows are announced and updated on our website, Facebook and Twitter. Check in often!
Q: Is The Castle hiring?
A: We’re always accepting applications. Send us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set a time to connect.
Q: Why didn’t you answer my question?
A: Maybe you need to get in touch with us. For ticket-related questions or general information please call us @ 309-820-0352. For more specific questions, comments or concerns please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.